Active Corrosion Protection System
The system uses an on board electronic control unit, with a reference anode and an active anode - both fitted below the waterline. The reference anode senses the electrical potential of the surrounding water and sends a signal to the control unit, which in turn sends an appropriate current to the active anode. Different combinations of water temperature, chemical composition and exposed surface require different levels of current. The active anode then emits varying levels of ions into the water surrounding the drive, and these ions effectively prevent galvanic corrosion, ultimately protecting the drive.
The QL Active Corrosion Protection System is designed for 12V electrical systems and has absolutely no moving parts, so minimum maintenance is required.
- Helps to prevent galvanic corrosion.
- Works with your aluminum or zinc anodes to protect your sterndrive or outboard.
- Fits all sterndrives and outboards in saltwater applications.
- Electronic control unit inside the boat has LEDs which let you know the drive is being protected.
- Provides constant monitoring of the drive or outboard while in saltwater.
- Low amp draw (3 mA) while in the monitoring mode.
- Easy to install, no special tools required.
- CE approved.
- Not designed for use in freshwater or with magnesium anodes.
- No moving parts.
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
- Volvo Penta Store
An item(s) may be returned within the first 30 days after the item(s) is shipped to you. Merchandise must be in new, unused condition with all original packaging in good condition; plus parts, accessories, manuals, and/or warranty cards included. You will need to receive a return authorization number (RA #) as well as instructions from our Customer Service Department.
Warranty: Volvo Penta parts carry a (1) year manufacturers warranty. Should the part you received fail after install, take a copy of the receipt to an authorized Volvo Penta dealer for a warranty evaluation. If determined that the part failed due to a defect the Volvo dealer will supply a replacement part to the consumer. If needed the Volvo dealer could assist in installation of the new part at his normal labor rate. If you need assistance finding the closest dealer number please contact our Customer Service Department.